The main work of an electrician is to maintain, repair, and install an electric system. They are competent in their work therefor they always play with wires and electricity. They work in both places commercial and domestic buildings. For their eyes safety, while working in a dangerous environment, they must use branded safety eyewear. They have to work while reading plan for buildings, building regulations and projects, and working within the range of clients as well. They know how to maintain and clean the numerous electrical equipment.
There are common electrical hazards and very essential to take care while performing any electrical work. Some dangers are there that electrician has to face.
- High temperature and fires
- The threat of electric shock
- Dangerous while working at height
- A threat because of hazards material like solder and lead
- Eye injury because of flying objects
- Injury hazard while working with tools
- Trips, slips, and falls
How an electrician can save himself?
Certainly, a non-professional doesn’t know how to repair electric appliances, an electrician steps in. And of course, he has to face many dangers. With the help of effective ways, he can protect himself from any certain danger that has to face while working with certain appliances.
- Wear protective eyewear like 3M safety glasses.
- Keep all tools in good condition.
- Take maximum breaks and work in a planned to handle any awkward positions.
Kind of PPE for an electrician:
PPE for an electrician is in a range and few of them are as follows.
- Electrician gloves prevent hands from damaging.
- Head and face protection prevents from falling or any other objects.
- Arc flash PPE releases a massive amount of electricity.
- Safety foot ware protects from electric shock particularly working in a building or commercial area.
- Eye protection is essential for industrial work and electricity as well through proper protective eyewear.
- Electric safety gears are helpful especially working at a high level.